If you have issues connecting to or locating a WiFi network, follow these steps:
1. Tap Settings > WiFi and turn Wi-Fi off and on. Confirm that your WiFi router and cable or DSL modem are connected to power, turned on, and connected to the Internet. If not, refer to your network administrator or Internet service provider (ISP) for assistance.
If the issue continues:
2. Restart your iOS by holding the Home/Sleep button.
3. Tap Settings > WiFi and locate the WiFi network that you’re attempting to connect to.
4. Tap the circled “i” symbol on the far right and tap “Forget this Network”.
5. Try again to connect to your desired WiFi network.
Note: You may need to enter your Wi-Fi password again if your network requires one.
If your Wi-Fi setting is dimmed or greyed-out, follow these steps:
1. Restart your iPhone.
2. Make sure that airplane mode is off by tapping Settings > Airplane Mode.
3. Reset the network settings by tapping Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This will reset all network settings, including Bluetooth pairing records, Wi-Fi passwords, VPN, and APN settings.
Still having trouble? Contact us!